Monterey One Water has developed a Low-Income Sewer Assistance Program to help qualifying residential customers with their wastewater treatment bill. Customers approved for the program will receive a credit for one bi-monthly billing cycle for Monterey One Water's wastewater treatment fee—credit does not include any "City Charges" added on by our member entities to cover their collection service. Customers can apply for this assistance credit each year depending on availability of funds.
|Year||Available Credit for One Bi-monthly Billing Cycle|
|July 2022 - June 2023||$76.00|
When the credit is applied, you will still receive a bi-monthly bill for your city's collection fee and any other charges on you bill.
- Residential customers who receive a bill directly from Monterey One Water. Unfortunately, this excludes those living in a multi-family community who receive a sewer bill through their HOA or property management company.
- Enrollment in PG&E's California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) Program where participants qualify through income guidelines or enrollment in certain public assistance programs.
- The name and service location must be the same on the PG&E and Monterey One Water bills.
- Each Application shall be for one residence only.
- The rebate is not transferable to a new address or another person.
To be eligible for credits in future years you must submit a new application for each year that you are requesting a credit. M1W reserves the right to deny enrollment in the program if the information provided is inaccurate, incomplete, or has reason to believe that you are no longer eligible or meet the Program requirements.
How to Apply
If you meet all of the eligibility requirements described above, please follow these steps to submit a complete application packet.
|2. Income Verification|
- Provide a recent copy of your PG&E bill showing your enrollment in PG&E's CARE Program—the name and service location must be the same on the PG&E and Monterey One Water bills
- Send your Application and PG&E bill to the Monterey One Water Customer Service Team
Mail: PO Box 2109, Monterey, CA 93942
In-Person: 5 Harris Court, Bldg D, Monterey, CA 93940 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Secure Drop Box: 5 Harris Court, Bldg D, Monterey, CA 93940 - located to the left of the main entrance (24 hours a day)
Funding: Monterey One Water uses unrestricted revenue, grants, and donations to fund the Low-Income Sewer Assistance program. As required by law, funding does not come from user fees assessed to our customers.